What is a texture release/silk press?
Ever wondered what alternatives there are to a straight perm? Have you tried Avlon’s Texture Release™ System which is exclusively available at House of Hair UK? Well here’s everything you need to know about a texture release.
Avlon’s Texture Release™ System loosens the natural curl pattern of an individual’s hair without permanently straightening it. The treatment is heat activated using amino acids and conditioning agents which go deep into the hair fibres to enable styling versatility.
Texture Release will last up to two months depending on hair type and condition and provides an optional textural change with increased combing manageability.
The Texture Release kit includes a Scalp Rejuvenating Sulfate-Free Shampoo, Hair Dilator, Releasing Lotion, Thermal Protector, Curl Shape & Shine Cream, and Rejuvenating & Moisturizing Conditioner. These products are designed to work in synergy for the best results. In addition, the following products can be used from the KeraCare line:
- For straight styles: KeraCare Products
- For natural styles: KeraCare Natural Textures
What is the recommended flat iron?
For the most effective results, a titanium iron is recommended
What is preferred a hooded dryer or steamer?
Both hooded dryer and steamer give sufficient heat activation; however, research shows the steamer has more heat activation.
Can you colour on the same day of a Texture Release?
Wait 3-5 days after the Texture Release service before using Permanent or Semi-Permanent colour.
Who is an ideal client for this product?
- Clients who want no chemical commitment
- Clients who are transitioning
- Clients who want to elongate natural curl pattern
- Clients who want styling versatility
- Clients who want to maintain natural texture in-between blow-drying.
So what are the benefits of an Avlon texture release?
- Formulated with amino acids, which are molecularly small enough to penetrate into the hair to strengthen the hair
- Prevents textured hair from swelling Helps straight styles to last longer and prevents frizz
- Gives you the versatility to wear textured and straight styles without compromising hair health
- Can be used by transitioning from relaxed to natural and will prevent breakage during the transitioning process
- Made with silk protein to condition and help with hair repair during the service
- Your hair does not need to be rinsed out after the smoothing treatment is complete if you are wearing a straight style
To book an appointment https://www.houseofhairuk.com/book/
Follow our Instagram page https://www.instagram.com/houseofhairuk
The House of Hair UK team