TREATMENTS & RELAXERS
TEXTURE RELEASE/SILK PRESS
Ever wondered what alternatives there are to a straight perm? Have you tried Avlon’s Texture Release™ System which is exclusively available at House of Hair UK? Well here’s everything you need to know about a texture release.
Avlon’s Texture Release™ System loosens the natural curl pattern of an individual’s hair without permanently straightening it. The treatment is heat activated using amino acids and conditioning agents which go deep into the hair fibres to enable styling versatility.
TEXTURE RELEASE WILL LAST UP TO TWO MONTHS DEPENDING ON HAIR TYPE AND CONDITION AND PROVIDES AN OPTIONAL TEXTURAL CHANGE WITH INCREASED COMBING MANAGEABILITY.
The Texture Release kit includes a Scalp Rejuvenating Sulfate-Free Shampoo, Hair Dilator, Releasing Lotion, Thermal Protector, Curl Shape & Shine Cream, and Rejuvenating & Moisturizing Conditioner. These products are designed to work in synergy for the best results. In addition, the following products can be used from the KeraCare line:
For straight styles: KeraCare products for natural styles: KeraCare Natural Textures.
MORE ABOUT AVLON TEXTURE RELEASE / SILK PRESS
It is a semi-permanent straightening system that helps to smooth your natural hair while still maintaining its natural curl when wet. It uses amino acid and conditioning agents to loosen your curl pattern to 2-4 months this is not a keratin formulated product.
According to Avlon the lasting time for a texture release is 2-4 months, however, we find that the time varies based mainly on lifestyle and home care.
A silk press is a deep conditioning treatment that helps to loosen and moisturize your hair followed by a blow-dry and straightening.
How long it lasts varies based on your hair and lifestyle if you tend to sweat a lot in your head and are very active your hair could revert back faster.
If your hair is damaged it may not last as long until your hair is healthier.
* Clients who want no chemical commitment
* Clients who are transitioning
* Clients who want to elongate natural curl pattern
* Clients who want styling versatility
* Clients who want to maintain natural texture in-between blow-drying.
* Formulated with amino acids, which are molecularly small enough to penetrate into the hair to strengthen the hair
* Prevents textured hair from swelling Helps straight styles to last longer and prevents frizz
* Gives you the versatility to wear textured and straight styles without compromising hair health
* Can be used by transitioning from relaxed to natural and will prevent breakage during the transitioning process
* Made with silk protein to condition and help with hair repair during the service
* Your hair does not need to be rinsed out after the smoothing treatment is complete if you are wearing a straight style
If your hair is already breaking and unhealthy, the heat from the straightening could make it worse even without heat.
If you have any hair or scalp conditions it is not advised to have a texture release treatment as the amino acid in step two can make some conditions worse, such as Psoriasis or eczema.
We advise that you wait 4-6 months before having a texture release or focus the texture release only on the root area of your hair not over the relaxed hair although Avlon do state that it is safe to do so we find it can leave your relaxed hair dry.
We recommend waiting 3-5 days after the Texture Release service before using Permanent or Semi-Permanent colour.
For the most effective results, a titanium iron is recommended.
Both hooded dryers and steamer give sufficient heat activation; however, research shows the steamer has more heat activation.
* For straight styles: KeraCare Products
* For natural styles: KeraCare Natural Textures